• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock rifle - need part

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will probably need someone experienced in builds to have a look then.
I don’t think this was built to be used as a single trigger. Pulling the rear trigger engages the front trigger and that’s all the mechanics at play

It should be a double lever, double set type which allows it to fire either way - but seeing the downward step in the front trigger bar it may not be. Without having it in my hand and placing it back into the stock to see it's relationship with the sear bar - I can't tell. Either way, there has been some good points given. The set screw on the bottom between the two triggers needs to be backed out. The front of the rear trigger where it engages the catch on the front trigger does seem to be rounded also and that could be the reason it is not holding. W/O the spring in there to apply rearward pressure on the front trigger - the video you show would not work properly anyway.

An experienced builder could diagnose the problem very quickly if they had it in their hands. It would be very easy to put a new trigger in the rifle - either a double set type or a single one.

It should be a double lever, double set type which allows it to fire either way - but seeing the downward step in the front trigger bar it may not be. Without having it in my hand and placing it back into the stock to see it's relationship with the sear bar - I can't tell. Either way, there has been some good points given. The set screw on the bottom between the two triggers needs to be backed out. The front of the rear trigger where it engages the catch on the front trigger does seem to be rounded also and that could be the reason it is not holding. W/O the spring in there to apply rearward pressure on the front trigger - the video you show would not work properly anyway.

An experienced builder could diagnose the problem very quickly if they had it in their hands. It would be very easy to put a new trigger in the rifle - either a double set type or a single one.
Thank you for your info

Back