• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Flintlock Pistol Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a flintlock pistol kit. I decided on a Woodsrunner kit from Kibler for my first rifle but I can't get rid of the urge to build a pistol as well. I don't believe there's really any pistols that exactly match the time period and location of the Woodsrunner so I am just looking for something somewhat similar.

I don't really expect to have much luck finding a second hand unbuilt kit but since I am not in a big rush to get one I thought I'd put it out there.

Thanks!

Well, you got one other option, a Pedersoli flintlock kit can be had from 45 to 54 cal for $395.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index...edersoli+Kentucky+Pistol+Kit+-+Flint+.54+cal.
If you go this route, you may want to consider a suggestion from Zonie, and add a barrel lug.
I advise anyone shooting that Pedersoli Kentucky pistol to keep the powder loads on the light side.

A weakness in the design is the method of retaining the barrel in the stock at the muzzle.
The stock has a small rather thin projection of wood at the front. The muzzle cap slides over this projection and is then held in place by a screw from the bottom.

When the gun fires, the muzzle tries to raise the barrel out of the stock and the only thing that keeps this from happening is that thin piece of stock wood so, if the powder charge is very large the wood can end up being sheered off. Over the years, several people have had this happen and reported it on the MLF.

As a project, I decided to restock my Pedersoli Kentucky so I bought a curly maple pistol stock blank from Dixie Gun Works.
One of the things I changed was the method of retaining the barrel in the stock. I decided to pin it thru a barrel underlug I installed. The pin goes thru the star shaped inlay located slightly behind the nose cap.
I also changed all of the furniture to German Silver to match a longrifle I had built.

View attachment 2743 View attachment 2744

Back