• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol kill

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal. Shooting straight down can be a challenge, and more difficult than most imagine. Have a smaller target, obstacles like your stand, ladder and possibly your boots to shoot around during all the excitement. Never hunted much with BP handguns, but hunted with the non BP type handgun as my primary weapon quite a bit. Any handgun ups the difficulty factor by quite a bit. Congrats.

Roebuck (Without Sear's in the picture).

1605826897690.png

I did that once on a hog, using a .62 smoothbore flint pistol. Did a nice job on the porker...

What’s a Roe Buck?
it is a term that is given to a deer, Doe or Buck. it was used to describe ad deer in the old days here in NEW ENGLAND. hope this helps. I don't know why it was used, the term? maby if you GOOGLE THE TERM? it is what I was raised with.

A Roe is a European breed of deer. Very unique looking deer.
mabie that is where the old timers got the term from back in the 50's? as said don't know it is what I was raised with it and in the very late 70's I still use it. sorry for the confusion.

mabie that is where the old timers got the term from back in the 50's? as said don't know it is what I was raised with it and in the very late 70's I still use it. sorry for the confusion.

Roe basically meant deer in many places in the old country so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear some small regions here kept the terminology.

Bob McBride. thanks so much for that information that I grew up with in the early 50's and still use it in my very late 70's. I am rely surprised that he has never heard on s deer being called ROE BUCK,? I won't change the terminology.

First of all I know what a roe buck is and it ain't what Tony Logan killed. He killed a whitetail deer.

If I didn't know what a roe buck was, I would guess it was an antlered deer with fish eggs inside. ;)

Back