• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock jaw pad - lead

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me one that’s better? Lead wraps were traditionally used on huge, military musket locks. Hence the pounded out ball for a flint wrap.
NOT the smaller commercial rifle/pistol locks. The smaller cock necks are susceptible to damage from the higher inertia of the lead wrapped flints. At least twice as heavy as a leather wrapped flint.
Knowing you’re an expert, I would think you’d have thought of this.

Tell me one that’s better? Lead wraps were traditionally used on huge, military musket locks. Hence the pounded out ball for a flint wrap.
NOT the smaller commercial rifle/pistol locks. The smaller cock necks are susceptible to damage from the higher inertia of the lead wrapped flints. At least twice as heavy as a leather wrapped flint.
Knowing you’re an expert, I would think you’d have thought of this.
I bet a cheap CVA lock would hold up for years with the lead wrap

Back