• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flintlock ID

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this lock and plan on using it on a pistol build. I dont know much about the various makes of flintlocks other than those that come on boughten or i should say factory made guns. Seems to be well made. No makers name or numbers. looks like there may have been something but it is scratches. Plate is not stamped but appears to be cast. A file wont cut the frizzen.

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    918.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    944.9 KB · Views: 0
I'll second the "does it spark?" What's going on with the mainspring right at the bend? Looks like a little chip or something.

I'll second the "does it spark?" What's going on with the mainspring right at the bend? Looks like a little chip or something.
Sparks with CVA cut agate I don't have any real flint. That chip looking thing is a piece the spring is formed around and fits a small slot on the back of the plate.

It looks like a Belgian made lock sold by Dixie Gun Works in the 1970's-80's. Replacement parts are non-existent. But if it's a good sparker, use it.
It sparks good with cut agate. I had trouble with those before. I imagine real flint would be a shower of sparks. Thank you for that info, I knew it was not Spanish and was thinking maybe India.

Latest posts

Back