• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock from my dad.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorton31411

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have inherited a flintlock made by Jack Crockford (in Georgia). Photos attached. Wondering what caliber it is....what's it's value. I shot it a few times as a boy back in the 1970's. Hasn't been fired since then, but in excellent condition based on it's appearance and where it was stored (gun safe with humidity packs in it). Any thoughts?

Attachments

• flintlock by Jack Crockford.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 4
  • flintlock by Jack Crockford close up.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford close up.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 0
  • flintlock by Jack Crockford name on barrel.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford name on barrel.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 0
  • flintlock by Jack Crockford stock1.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford stock1.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 0
  • flintlock by Jack Crockford barrel end.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford barrel end.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
  • flintlock by Jack Crockford stock2.jpg
    flintlock by Jack Crockford stock2.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 0
You're very lucky to have that beautiful rifle pass on down to you. to my eye I'd say 45 or 50. The accessories may give you the caliber. A cleaning jag or brush should get you close .

I know one thing... it's a good looking rifle. I would stick a light in the barrel to make sure there is no major pitting, then I would swap out the flint for a fresh one, and I'd go shoot that thing. Your Dad would want you to shoot it and enjoy it, and keep it living on...

Latest posts

Back