• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FLINTLOCK FOWLERS, the First Guns Made in America,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of you have the book,FLINTLOCK FOWLERS,
the First Guns Made in America
,and if so would it be good for information?
Any recommendation or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

Jack , it’s a very good book with detailed measurements on several guns.

It’s loaded with pictures as well.

Jack,
The only thing wrong with Grinslades book is that it will create a desire to have a new Fowler. I got the book and now have an early New Engand fowling piece with a 72" barrel. Very good book for reference.

Mark,
I already have a fever for a fowler, just need to look at lots of photos and dimensions. Before I built my longrifle I look and looked and one day I saw a photo of a Jacob Dickert and I guess one could say It spoke to me and said Build me (now they will come and get me and lock me up), I'm looking for the same thing to happen for the fowler.

Thanks
Jack

Excellent book, you might also look at "For Trade & Treaty" as well as "Of Sorts for provincials". I have all three and they are of great reference.

This thread is getting a bit old. Just to let you all know, I decided on a Fusil de Chasse. Don't stare at them too much. They become irresistible.

Jack
That’s what happened to me. Like a Medusa…I couldn’t resist staring, next thing I knew, I was buying.
7C65C250-93B4-44CE-889F-BC65129A2C38.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back