• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Flintlock elk hunt (not mine, but...)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Clay at an archery tournament, we talked for a while and I showed him one of the bows that I made, he is a really down to earth guy and very focused on what he does. I asked him about his rifle and load in the video comments, he told me about it but didn't remember where he got the kit because it was 20 years ago. It looks like a TVM Tennessee rifle to me.

I follow him on YouTube and was looking forward to that hunt after he didn't get anything on his traditional archery hunt. Excellent video! I plan on doing a similar hunt in the upcoming years and hope I don't get stuck laying down for an hour in -10 degree weather!

Great video!
He posted load info on his channel. Incase the screenshot doesn’t post correctly
90gr FFFg 275gr maxi-hunter
Sighted 3” high at 50yds, he said it’s 3” low at 100yd.

Attachments

• 3021811C-4708-4E40-8A84-CD049CBB4112.jpeg
    3021811C-4708-4E40-8A84-CD049CBB4112.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 0
Put a whoopin on that cow. No need to worry about meat spoilage at those temps lol. Glad I watched till the end. That sled worked pretty well.

Clays Hayes is a pretty well-known guy in the traditional archery world. Hunts with his hand-carved self-bows and won a season of Alone. He just put out this vid of a late season elk hunt with a flintlock. Thought some might enjoy it.

I saw that video not long ago. That fella deserves a well done.

Back