• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock alarm clocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought these were cool
Flintlock alarm clocks
That’ll wake you up with a bang

BF30CD51-29F0-4C47-BE45-E1F3A407A02F.jpeg
F51008AF-E159-48DD-9E7B-BFA9C2429C12.jpeg
6F0511B1-6A7B-4F82-A99B-5CC27B0E87C3.jpeg

What role does the candleholder play? You would think those two things do not go together and I cannot imagine it is capable of using the lock to ignite the candle.

What role does the candleholder play? You would think those two things do not go together and I cannot imagine it is capable of using the lock to ignite the candle.
I’m not sure it is a candle holder. I think that’s where you wind the wheel. If it is a candleholder, well, fun first safety second:thumb:

Excuse me I see the one you’re referring to now and it’s definitely got a candle stub in it.
probably not range officer approved. We can only guess the reasoning for its inclusion.

Those are pretty cool. Clocks have such a fascinating history, and clearly some 17th and 18th C. folks were inclined to male sure someone woke up at the right time. I often ponder the "time before time" as we live and breathe by it. The accurate measurement of time made the modern world more possible, but it also dreadfully interrupted the flow of life that may have existed "pre-timekeeping".

I'm thinking a very ornate time bomb. Never saw anything like those before. Thanks for sharing.

Years ago. there were sundial alarm "clocks" offered as novelties. Used a magnifying glass. "Low tech solar", I suppose.

I have an old book, Firearms Curiosa, by Lewis Winant, filled full of strange firearms and things like this. Very interesting oddities.

Latest posts

Back