• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flint shooters in CT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTShooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hoping for a huge favor. Due to my third round with cancer, it doesn't look like I'll be getting a flintlock. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to shoot one, I have powder, .45, .50 and .54 ball and patch. If your near the NW corner and would be willing please contact me, my club is available

What is better for you? Mornings or afternoons?
I'm thinking mid-week next week or the week after.

Don't worry about powder and ball. I have a Smoothrifle that takes either patched .595 ball or .610 ball with wads.

Super huge thank you, that was awesome. The search begins.
20210527_141800.jpg

Not sure what you did, lol, that was probably the longest delay I've ever had with that lock. Maybe it was because the flint needed some adjustment.

I later realized why I had such a hard time getting the second load in past the fouling. I hadn't put my usual wad between shot and powder, for the 1st shot. The seal from that loosely patched ball, while still accurate, creates quite a bit more crusty fouling.

Back