• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flask & ball block combo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been wanting to come up with a way to carry a few patched round balls when squirrel hunting without having another thing, besides my nipple pick, pan brush & knapping tool, hanging from my bag. So I have this flat horn I use for day hunting and it has a flat wooden base plug. I made a ball block to fit the end of the horn, recessed two rare earth magnets, and recessed corresponding magnets in the flat base of the horn. When stuck together the two pieces form a rather tight bond, but one that is easily broken with a slight twist. Now I have three ready patched balls that are easily accessible without another "dangly" hanging from my bag or strap.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0715.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG