• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Flash in the pan"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Became hooked on M/L at a Game Fair when Peter Morton shewed off Sweet Lips, his civil war canon at ( I think) Stow Park )in 1964.. If you know when the pan ignights you are you are TOO late. Time you read Hawker Volume I, just post His shot hip in1815 ..

Thanks for the compliment, Rudyard; the pistol was made in North Africa, probably in the 19th century. They apparently made lots of them, and they were based roughly on the English snaphance of the early 1600s.
I did make a replica of one, but I've never fired it. Here's a photo of mine. It's based on the English snaphances in the Doge's palace in Venice, which were taken from an English privateer. Mine has a safety on the left side, so it's a bit fancier.
DSC_7003 1.2k.jpg
DSC_7013 1.2k.jpg

Really cool guys I am currently trying to speed up a slight hang fie and will try and take some photos this week or a short video and try and post it on here for some advice on whether the gun is firing as it should or if I am being a nut job about a problem that doesn't exist. Long time reader on flint first timer when it comes to firing them.

Shooting w/me at the range one day ,neighbor was using an 18 power spotting scope to watch where my shots were hitting the target. Just for grins , he held his fancy cell phone to the input lens of the spotter as I fired , and he actually captured the ball in mid flight before it hit the 50 yds. target. He had cell phone set on some kind of a rapid sequence movie mode.

well they all go to show that there is certainly a delay between the pan igniting & the barrel charge going off. that is why they are called FLINCH LOCKS!

Whats a Miss fire?? 24/25 out of 25.. 47/48 X 50 clays .. Whats a Miss Fire

Attachments

• Ryan & Watson Put back from D&N 001.JPG
    Ryan & Watson Put back from D&N 001.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Ryan & Watson Put back from D&N 002.JPG
    Ryan & Watson Put back from D&N 002.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 132
Back