• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FIT OF PERCUSSION CAPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bought cci #11 percussion caps for my Investarms .50 cal. Hawken type. havent' shot them yet but they seem a bit loose on the nipple. should i crimp the bottom a bit to get a tighter fit?
Not sure but I think #10s would be too small.
Also, should I fire off a couple of caps before loading just to clean things out?

Good morning. Sort of the same problem came up with a new traditions percussion that I purchased this early spring. Number 11's work fine, but were so loose that I had to almost finger pinched them to keep them on, So I went to a number 10 and they work fine. They are a tiny bit snug so I have to see that they are pushed All the way down, but at least they don't fall off if I inadvertently tipped the gun on its side.
Squint

finally got to the range today and the #11 CCI caps worked just fine. I had one misfire out of a dozen shots and it was probably my fault. but i will try out the 1075s when i can find them.

Bledfor,
No TC's in that room. There are several more racks not shown in that room. All but 5-6 are original Ohio made rifles, shotguns or pistols.

Has anyone had a problem with the No. 11 percussion caps fitting on Colt 1860 Pietta nipples?
I have a pietta built in 2015, new army. I use 10 caps and squeeze them a little to make a firm fit. an armi san Paulo new army built in 1961 takes 11 caps, and yes I deform them to get a firm fit.

Latest posts

Back