• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First traditional muzzleloader deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you like the sling? does it interfere with the rod coming out or going back in?

how do you like the sling? does it interfere with the rod coming out or going back in?
the sling does get in the way a bit with the ramrod but not too much to be a nuisance. It sure is nice to sling your gun over your shoulders while dragging a deer out of the woods. The bigger issue on this gun is the low rear Buckhorn sight required me to file down the front sight so low that the strap almost blocks out the front sight. I needed to take front end of the strap off while sitting in the blind. I learned that the hard way on my first opportunity on a deer with it. Next gun I build will get a medium height set of sights for this reason.

Well Brit my wife and I just a discussion on the hunting situation, told her I was going to make a sign saying I am not homeless or broke just need money to hunt then go stand on a corner somewhere. Who knows it might work.

Will if you got the same feeling as I am sure the rest of us did after we shot our first with a traditional weapon you are hooked. Congrats!

I was successful this weekend with my first build, that I did the build a long on, taking a nice size doe. I had a problem earlier in the season with the cap not going off. I went to a hot shot nipple and put a new mainspring in the used lock which worked perfectly. Feeling blessed🙌🏻View attachment 53160
I think I missed something; what is the gun? I thought I recognized it but there are details that I don't recognize. Great job in any event. Polecat

Back