• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

First traditional harvest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was so long-ago I barely remember it....:) and you used the word "Harvest"....;)
Yeah, I did it on purpose. It never ceases to amaze me how a so-called educated human being can get so really upset over a word. Childish behavior I guess. But you got to admit that was a nice first traditional deer he killed, kilt, harvested, downed, leaded, expired, assassinated, executed, murdered, slayed, dispatched, eradicated, exterminated, liquidated, zapped, polished off, rubbed out.....I'm thinking "patchbox" IS NOT one them thar feely touchy folks, he just wanted to share his first traditional deer and I thank him for posting......TALK ABOUT GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT....as "ninerings62" said, "jeeeezzzzuuuusssss"!!

Yeah, I did it on purpose. It never ceases to amaze me how a so-called educated human being can get so really upset over a word. Childish behavior I guess. But you got to admit that was a nice first traditional deer he killed, kilt, harvested, downed, leaded, expired, assassinated, executed, murdered, slayed, dispatched, eradicated, exterminated, liquidated, zapped, polished off, rubbed out.....I'm thinking "patchbox" IS NOT one them thar feely touchy folks, he just wanted to share his first traditional deer and I thank him for posting......TALK ABOUT GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT....as "ninerings62" said, "jeeeezzzzuuuusssss"!!
That’s the only reason I even made the post, I was proud of my buck and my accomplishment. The part that frustrates me is that I’m being painted as some type of tree hugger, if that was the case I wouldn’t be holding the musket in my one hand and the “dead” bucks rack in the other. I think I’ll just keep further accomplishments to myself if this is the reaction it’s going to bring.

Very nice deer, congratulations are in order. There is always an added feeling of accomplishment when you have even actually cast the bullet yourself .Either way good show.........

That’s the only reason I even made the post, I was proud of my buck and my accomplishment. The part that frustrates me is that I’m being painted as some type of tree hugger, if that was the case I wouldn’t be holding the musket in my one hand and the “dead” bucks rack in the other. I think I’ll just keep further accomplishments to myself if this is the reaction it’s going to bring.
you did very good harvesting that buck,,whoops,,did i say harvest,lol i've killed many deer some smaller,,some larger,,,i'm looking to harvest this gaint this year

Attachments

• IMG_2232.JPG
    IMG_2232.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 51
Buddy, you did a great job. Don't pay any attention to the manure posts and stay with us. Some of these "old timers" get really upset if you fart the wrong way....must be going in to their 2nd childhood🤣.

that is a nice buck! but i will remind you, you only "harvest" fruits, vegetables, trees, things like that. you kill animals!
Really? Why can't you just say "Good job!" Why go there? Pointless.
This was uncalled for - and just plain rude.
When I get a deer - just for meat - I am harvesting a natural resource. Yes HARVESTING. Just like taking a fruit off a tree - HARVESTING.
There is no need to be a crusty old curmudgeon. Congratulate the OP! He made the jump to a BP hunt - and did a fine job of it.

wow! all this because i corrected some speech. what is odd to me is people on a hunting and gun forum is down with political correct talk. and haven't you heard, i have already been put on the "permanent ignore" list for my "rabid behavior" all because i dared to say harvest was something you do to plants that come from the dirt! and that is 100% true! so no my friend i am not a victim of my own argument. and i apologized to the man i seem to insult for some reason. the next time you go to the butcher shop ask the butcher where he "harvested" all that meat from! see the reaction you get and let me know how that works out for you! and i bet your granny would have gave you a strange look if you asked her where her Sunday chicken dinner she having was harvested? please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Don't take my word for it.
The State of Texas has more white tail deer than any other state - by a LARGE margin.
In Texas - we HARVEST our deer - this direct from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/game_management/deer/https://archerytrade.org/state-by-state-hunting-data/

Patchbox, welcome to the forum! Nice job on the deer, and do not be discouraged by the grumpy, petty, old farts you might encounter here.

kinda remind me of the politics,,,democrates use words to twist and turn,,lots of stupid words come out of harvest your deer,,harvest your corn,,any democrates here? keep it clean,,nice deer killed get another one

Ya, some folks would argue weather the sun came up in the east or rose in the east or if it was the sun at all. Dated a Amish girl once, a beauty, her dad had an old saying from the far back that rhymes with truck plow. Appropriate here.

i like you! "but for a preacher, not acting very Christian like" how is a Christian suppose to act? i guess everybody would like me better if i just shut up and sit down and kept my thoughts to myself. not be a free thinking man! i mean no disrespect to anyone here, i think we are like minded to all be here. but to make ya'll feel better, in the humblest and most "religious" Christian opinion i can express, that is the problem with the world today. Christians and conservatives has sat back far to long and kept there mouths shut trying not to disturb any opposition. and they get ran over! well i am sorry if i disappoint ya'll as to what you think a Christion should "act like" the only way i will be ever silenced is to be thrown off a forum for simply expressing my thoughts in a fairly respectful way. think about it, all this is over me correcting a title of a thread! it is unbelievable people can get this upset over that! and you can twist it all you want to, Mr. Webster agrees with me! a "harvest" is "the process or period of gathering in crops" a wild animal is not a crop! but hey if you want to fall for that terminology put out there by the touchy feely crowd, have at it! and you told "patchbox" "Never be afraid to say what you mean, and mean what you say" i guess that don't go for Christians ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No dog in this fight but I will just say......apply to the forum moderators to join their ranks and THEN correct stuff.

Bye!

That shot looks dead on, my first buck with a muzzleloader I aimed at the very exact spot and hit him in the head. Don't know what happened, buck was small compared to yours. NICE

A nice buck, no matter what wording is used to describe the accomplishment. I enjoy seeing pictures and hearing the descriptions of a successful hunt, so please keep posting.

Sure glad we didn't start talking about the difference between 'soda', 'pop' and 'Coke', that could have got crazy!:doh:

A nice buck, no matter what wording is used to describe the accomplishment. I enjoy seeing pictures and hearing the descriptions of a successful hunt, so please keep posting.

Sure glad we didn't start talking about the difference between 'soda', 'pop' and 'Coke', that could have got crazy!:doh:
Or as some say in Texas soda water. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back