• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First time out with .32 caliber.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built the gun from parts I bought piecemeal, and from some leftover parts I had from a couple other builds. I had Pecatonoca river do the nartel channel and ramrod hole, but thats it. I inletted the lock, sideplate, toeplate, butt plate trigger guard etc myself as well.
I meant barrel channel. Typing from my phone is tough.

I made a Baltic bird rifle with a fast 1 in 48 . 290 cal I load 15 grains of C&H 2 F only shot at 35 yards find these small bores pleasing No Squirrels down here no Baltic birds either but could be but we do have rabbits. I made a soapstone gang mould but their are large shot made just not found any . interesting little rifles .
Rudyard

Heres a picture if the rifle. Not the best photo but its all Ive taken of it so far.

I built it from. Pecatonica river A. Verner style stock, chambers Siler lock, straight Rice barrel 1/48 twist. Homemade sideplate, toeplate, and diamonds where the bolt holddown pins are. B/C Plum brown, BC Walnut stain, and several coats of linseed oil, followed by a top coat of BC True oil.
She's a beaut!

I built the gun from parts I bought piecemeal, and from some leftover parts I had from a couple other builds. I had Pecatonoca river do the nartel channel and ramrod hole, but thats it. I inletted the lock, sideplate, toeplate, butt plate trigger guard etc myself as well.
I'd really like to learn that skill

Im hooked. I finished this rifle over the winter, just didn't have time to get it to the range. Used 20 grains of 3fg(the smallest charge my measure will throw), 311 ball. Target is a one inch dot at 25 yards. This is actually a 4 shot group. The center hole is actually two holes. I need to file the front sight a little more but Im happy with things.
WTG!! It's a good feeling when you make a rifle that does well! Might want to twink the front sight a tad to the right also.

Back