• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First the powder then the ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the range today
Shot off three shots, low and right, one flier Then had a crowd. Two couples, a man and a boy about ten.
I could give my historic loading demo and ml speech
No, this is a smooth rifle, or rifle mounted fusil, muskets were big military guns
You need to put powder in some sort of measure as you can blow things up if you load from a horn
Yes, lead can melt in a camp fire and one could pour his own ball
This is tow unspun flax that linen is made out of
These are the sort of tools they carried
Yes you can shoot it
Two ladies, one dad and one boy all took a shot
Then I got to shoot again
Four shots,one missing three nice group
First the powder then the ball.
I had planned another group or two but I hadn’t filled my horn
Plenty of ball, but first the powder😊
BB15CBD0-FA77-457F-86E7-873AA44E4C02.jpeg

Went to the range today
Shot off three shots, low and right, one flier Then had a crowd. Two couples, a man and a boy about ten.
I could give my historic loading demo and ml speech
No, this is a smooth rifle, or rifle mounted fusil, muskets were big military guns
You need to put powder in some sort of measure as you can blow things up if you load from a horn
Yes, lead can melt in a camp fire and one could pour his own ball
This is tow unspun flax that linen is made out of
These are the sort of tools they carried
Yes you can shoot it
Two ladies, one dad and one boy all took a shot
Then I got to shoot again
Four shots,one missing three nice group
First the powder then the ball.
I had planned another group or two but I hadn’t filled my horn
Plenty of ball, but first the powder😊View attachment 154827
Yep,

I hate it when that happens! Sounds like it was a successful day though! :thumb:

RM

I have a nephew in the gun business. On the top of his loading box has:
Powder, Patch, BALL.

He shoots heavy bench, light bench/buff, offhand open class and flintlock

his monomict is powder patch ball, he said it saves him grief and gives him more X's. Ain't arguing with that.

Latest posts

Back