• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First the ammo now the guns????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GomezMunoz1951

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have been going through a lot of the dealers and it seems like everything is out of stock. I was looking for a .31 Remington Pocket pistol steel frame and they are out of stock. I went through Taylors and almost every gun is out of stock. What is going on? First the ammo now the guns... (Entering the taboo area) I am also looking for a self defense handgun for my wife and they are even hard to find without paying outrageous amounts of money.

This sucks

I watched the percussion revolvers dry up almost completely last summer, maybe into the fall sometime, don't think the supply ever recovered but stopped looking anyway once it became clear everything had went sideways.

Or just wait it out. Last time around it was a good 6-9 months before the supply started coming back up.

The "last time" was prior to the pandemic. Northern Italy has been hit hard with Covid and the new anecdotal info is that both Uberti and Pietta will resume production in April. I am not holding my breath. That is why no dealers have any inventory from them, and that is why revolvers on the used market are commanding a premium. As has been pointed out previously, supply and demand. I just won at auction a Navy Arms/Pietta Spiller & Burr (BL/1998) for $355. Pre-pandemic these guns were plentiful and available for less than $275. There are none available from any dealers these days.

If you want revolvers these days, you will have to pay the current going prices.

Imagine what it would be like if both Uberti and Pietta went under. What would your inventory be worth?

A brand new replica revolver collecting world.

Regards,

Jim

I have been going through a lot of the dealers and it seems like everything is out of stock. I was looking for a .31 Remington Pocket pistol steel frame and they are out of stock. I went through Taylors and almost every gun is out of stock. What is going on? First the ammo now the guns... (Entering the taboo area) I am also looking for a self defense handgun for my wife and they are even hard to find without paying outrageous amounts of money.

This sucks

I will tell you whats going on, people are scared, and many are expecting all hell to break lose. The pressure on modern guns, has landed on black powders door step.

I do see Midway USA has some 1858's in stock

The steel frame pocket Remy '63 has been in rare supply for months before the pandemic hit. I am not sure why. I do know that for the last 4 years Old South had the best price on that particular gun. One of the last to still have it in stock was Taylors, but they ran out about a year ago.

They fit less powder in the cylinders than the Colt Pocket '48 and '49 and have slightly narrower chambers.
https://1858remington.com/index.php

A gun shop 30 miles from me had 3 1849 .31 caliber ubertis for sale. They sold them all in 4 days! Nice concealable revolver. People are preparing for the worst right now.

Are you simply not paying attention? How can you not see something major is going on.... and has been for a year now?

Latest posts

Back