• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First sighting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When hunting in Colorado, we were advised not to shoot porkies for the reason stated above. A lost man can catch and eat a porcupine and little else. We were told that was a hunting regulation, not just a wive's tale.

ADK Bigfoot

When hunting in Colorado, we were advised not to shoot porkies for the reason stated above. A lost man can catch and eat a porcupine and little else. We were told that was a hunting regulation, not just a wive's tale.

ADK Bigfoot

I've lived and hunted in Colorado for over fifty years and never heard that. I don't recall anything about it in the hunting regs.

OTOH, growing up in the UP the admonition to leave them alone for that reason was common but never heard it repeated here in Colorado.

I'm going to double check the regs reference to porcupines.

I think that the reference to not killing a porcupine unless in duress or survival situation is a holdover from bush lore, or bush craft survival. Its the belief I was raised with, and taught by my father and grandfather. In todays world I think most people only see the “me” side of things and not the bigger picture. I highly doubt many would live by the ideology of ensuring available food source should someone become lost, or incapacitated in the bush.
Just my opinion
Walk

Back