• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Project Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdaddy0442

32 Cal
Reaction score
I finally finished my first black powder build. It took me some time but since the Covid had me quarantined, all I had was time. It was a fun build. Can't wait to bust some caps.
Kentucky.jpg

@bigdaddy0442

The front sight is reversed. That said, tell us more about the pistol build. I assume it's a kit, maybe a Traditions? Oh and more pics please! We like pics!

Looks like you did a nice job. You will find these to be very accurate once you find the right load. If .50 cal. like mine 25 grains 2f with a .490 ball does the trick.

Very nice, you have some great looking wood on that pistol. I have a rock lock kit and a factory cap lock just like that in .50 caliber. You might want to check the rear lock screws, on both of mine they rubbed on the inside of the hammer when cocked. Also the tang screws on both of mine were a little long and pushed on the inside front of the trigger guard. Have fun they are a blast to shoot. Mine like 25 grains 3F with a .490 patched round ball out to 25 yards.

Back