• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First ML buck!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was my first muzzleloader season. I invited my father inlaw to tag along and in the first fifteen minutes of the season he bags a small 9 point buck. The next morning at the same time I passed another small 8 point almost identical to his. I hunted all week seeing a few does and the same small buck all out of range. On Saturday afternoon I decide to move in a little closer to the river. With Sunday being the last day of the season I was willing to get any buck. He strolled out of the tall grass 50 yards to my left. He had his head down and I could see he was antlered. At 6:45 p.m. Saturday My T/C Hawken broke the silence and dropped him in his tracks. He laid for a minute then bolted back to the grass. After a short walk I found he was not the little 8 I took him for.
148_zpsj2zhn3vm.jpg
[/URL][/img]
He was a larger 10 point. 6X4.
147_zpszlmw7eg2.jpg
[/URL][/img]
145_zpsgpd5v6qs.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Nice :thumbsup:. have to wait till mid December here in mo. for blackpowder season ready for to get here

Congratulations on a fine deer, especially since you killed it with a primitive muzzleloader. There is a little extra challenge in hunting with these rifles with iron sights but the satisfaction you get is worth it.

Thanks for all the nice words. Truly a thrill. The two bucks were shot with in 150 yards of each other just one week apart. My father in-law and I figured there is some relation to the bucks with such similar antlers. To top it I field dressed, skinned, and butchered most of both with my wife's great grand dads hunting knife.

Back