• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First light fisher

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past spring, turkey hunting in Sabinsville, Tioga Pa. I saw a pair fooling around the bottom of a big oak tree, maybe 20 yards. They seemed to have been playing with something, I seemed to really surprise them when I advanced on them to see what it was. It was a fresh half eaten small crow. Many hunters in the area are claiming declining turkey population. Had a gentleman tell me the Pa. Game Comm. stocked them so trappers had more of a variety of furs for trapping. Also heard they were reintroduced because they were native at one time. Would not mind seeing them work on the population of feral cats. If you ever hear 2 raccoons mating/fighting you would swear someone was killing a woman with all the screaming

This past spring, turkey hunting in Sabinsville, Tioga Pa. I saw a pair fooling around the bottom of a big oak tree, maybe 20 yards. They seemed to have been playing with something, I seemed to really surprise them when I advanced on them to see what it was. It was a fresh half eaten small crow. Many hunters in the area are claiming declining turkey population. Had a gentleman tell me the Pa. Game Comm. stocked them so trappers had more of a variety of furs for trapping. Also heard they were reintroduced because they were native at one time. Would not mind seeing them work on the population of feral cats. If you ever hear 2 raccoons mating/fighting you would swear someone was killing a woman with all the screaming
I heard someone say that they are one of the few natural predators to porcupine. I’m not sure how true this is.

My oldtimers struck me this morning. I was looking all over the sky in the photos for a king fisher, and thought well you just don’t see them in the woods, but I couldn’t see it 😂
I blew up the first and look all over then I saw it… oh ‘fisher’
I’ve never seen one in the wild
remember AMOS & ANDY show? it had one on it.

I guess that there aren't any one old enough to have watched the show? OH, WELL!

whippoorwill, not that is a bird that is not much mentioned any more. sorta like KADYDIDS?

Latest posts

Back