• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

First Hawken kit finished and first shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgs886

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’m new here and have been learning a lot, thank you. I finished up my first rifle, a St Louis Hawken kit and got it out to the range yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
EA2F8F11-8B79-4E30-A9AE-9BC5B3B14224.jpeg
9AC44A46-7A32-4B7F-91AC-4A784AE9C779.jpeg
54BD6FF8-A694-41C9-BC6B-9BACB7AA7AC7.jpeg

Good job on the Hawken! The picture with the muzzle blast is cool! Show the muzzle flip after the ball has left the barrel. Excellent!
Have fun with it! Find some local clubs and participate in some woods walks, they are a lot of fun.

Looks like you did a good job on that kit. I have a Traditions Hawken Woodsman, I think they are the same rifle but the St. Louis Haken has a slower twist? Good shooters and durable rifles.

Nice work!!!!

How did it shoot and what were you shooting!
Thanks! Shoots great. I was starting out at 50gr 777 with patched round ball (.490). Have worked up to 70 gr which I'm really enjoying and will continue.

Back