• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

First deer harvested with a muzzle loader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the very nice deer! Do you mind me asking what he was taken with?

20221113_094254.jpg

View attachment 174873

Got my first deer with a muzzle loader. Haven't hunted in nearly a decade, and finally got on the ball to go this year. Opening day, about 30min before dark, and this guy comes strolling by. .490 round ball and 80gr of swiss, he dropped in his tracks. Gutted him and stashed him, hes too heavy for me to drag by myself so I'm going out in the morning with a friend to bring him home. He was the 4th deer I saw today, I including a little buck that snuck up behind me and got to about 6ft away before he finally winded me.

Branden
nice!

View attachment 174873

Got my first deer with a muzzle loader. Haven't hunted in nearly a decade, and finally got on the ball to go this year. Opening day, about 30min before dark, and this guy comes strolling by. .490 round ball and 80gr of swiss, he dropped in his tracks. Gutted him and stashed him, hes too heavy for me to drag by myself so I'm going out in the morning with a friend to bring him home. He was the 4th deer I saw today, I including a little buck that snuck up behind me and got to about 6ft away before he finally winded me.

Branden
Nice haul! You are going to be spoiled now for future BP hunts!

View attachment 174873

Branden
Congrats on a very nice buck!

View attachment 174873

Branden
Congratulations!

Back