• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

First crude horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah… kinda crude…. Tell you what.. send it to me because I’m kind of a crude guy. LOL
All kidding aside…. That is a phenomenal looking horn!! Great job!

I like the "nothing-fancy-but-they-get-the-job-done" horns.I'd almost bet that more plain jane horns are carried (and used) than the fancy scrimshawed ones.

Just finished my 1st powder horn. Certainly not the same quality of some of the builder here, but you have to start somewhere, and working this horn taught me a lot. It’s airtight, and I will rig up some kind of strap for carrying. It’s pretty “rustic” like me.
This is your first horn? Can't wait to see what horn #10 looks like! Beautiful work, really.
Neil

nice smooth lines, great transitions, no bumps or jinks... i'd say it looks great, and i really like the color.

now i have a crude horn ... it picks its nose in public, tells dirty jokes in polite company and farts excessively

My first horn. Came from my nephew's cow, I gave him the other one.

Hand carved cedar butt plug and spout.

Talk about crude 😁.
B85D07C4-C692-432F-A10A-41C7FEB277AB.jpeg

Latest posts

Back