• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Chainfire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I have forgotton to push the Wads in on top on the ball"

The ball should go on top of the wad??

To All,

I don't want to assume too much; and neither do I mean to take a condescending tone in answering... but do some of you really not know the answer to that question?

Just perhaps... that comment may have been typed in a hurry?... or maybe (as is the usual case with me) typed after midnight?

I sometimes get things out of sequence... like when I'm in a hurry, or sleepy, or have to answer a lot of e-mail or reply to a question, or a PM in a short period of time before my dial-up connection goes belly up... so I'm not looking to blame anyone on this.

Something like this....

Powder charge is first, then a filler such as corn meal (ONLY IF NEEDED to take up extra space with lesser powder charges), THEN THE WAD, then the ball, then the grease over top of the ball (IF preferred instead of the wad, OR in addition to the wad). After that is done for all of the chambers that you want loaded, THEN you cap the nipples.

I hope that clarifies the situation for any that were questioning when/where the wads get used in loading a cap-n-ball revolver.

Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

PS One more post and I gotta get some sleep, it's 02:26 here in my time zone and I'm having difficulty in keeping my peepers open...

Back