First build

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Redmoon

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been lurking for some time and decided to join and make a post finally. I just finished my first rifle build. It started as a Lancaster style that I put my own touches to, I wasnt trying to replicate anything in particular just wanted to build myself a rifle. Its a precussion, 45 cal, 42" straight rifled barrel cold browned, trimmed in German silver. I'd like to know what you guys think for my first build and first time trying wire inlay. And thanks to Ryan and Terri at MBS for putting up with me.

Attachments

Kozmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
Great job! I'm impressed with the amount of wire inlays you put into this for a first time. That takes courage! Well done!

Redmoon

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen I really appreciate your kind words. I was a bit nervous with the inlay at first but it went really well for me right off the bat so I kept the momentum going. Laid down just under 11 feet total between the 4 areas.

Reaction score
It looks EXCELLENT! To think this was your 1st build is extremely impressive handiwork. Great job all around!

gabedard

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Great job...tempted to try some wire inlay myself...but haven't manned up yet :)

DaMitch

32 Cal
Reaction score
WOW what a great looking rifle. I very much like the stock finish as well as your inlay work. Well Done. I especially like the looks of that long barrel.

Flinty Scot

40 Cal
Reaction score
That's a fine piece of work. The wirework is amazing. I admire the way you got so much decoration blended into such clea, uncluttered lines. I'd be proud to carry such a fine piece.

Hawk78

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been lurking for some time and decided to join and make a post finally. I just finished my first rifle build. It started as a Lancaster style that I put my own touches to, I wasnt trying to replicate anything in particular just wanted to build myself a rifle. Its a precussion, 45 cal, 42" straight rifled barrel cold browned, trimmed in German silver. I'd like to know what you guys think for my first build and first time trying wire inlay. And thanks to Ryan and Terri at MBS for putting up with me.
Very nice looking gun!

Tobie

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! Great looking piece!

Col. Batguano

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Gaining symmetry in design execution is a lot harder to execute than it is to plan to execute isn't it? You did a rally good job that way. Incredibly well in fact, particularly for a 1st build. Was this from a pre-carve? Are you planning another build?

Redmoon

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes very true on symmetry. My background in pinstriping definitely helped me there. Thank you kindly. The stock was roughly in the general shape of a stock but I had to pull a lot out of it. I've built a second rifle (for my dad) and working on a third (for my mom) and have parts on hand now for 4 additional after that. I may get into trouble for this pic but here's one of my favorite stripes I've done.

Attachments