• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First buck with Kibler Flintlock--thanks to the forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
deer flintlock.jpg

About 50 yds out, with a hot doe in his nose--wouldn't really stop for me so had to lead him and shot a bit further forward than I wanted. Did nab one lung on the backside though and he only went about 50 yards though before crashing out.

Many thanks to this forum. From reading all the great material here, to all the feedback on questions, my success at the hunt this year was largely due to this forum and its members. Thanks so much!

Beautiful gun, buck and shooting. Nothing beats taking an animal with a blackpowder. Someday I'll get myself a whitetail hopefully.

What calibre and load were you using?

DaveBoone, not too hijack a thread but I hunt with a flinter and yes in the rain sometimes, get ya a good greased cows knee, and pay a bit of attention too the prime once in a while, never had a problem as a matter of fact some of the nicer bucks I have put on the ground was in nasty weather, give it a try a little rain should not hamper ones efforts. Ryan nice rifle gun and a dandy buck way too go. Nothing better than hunting with a rifle you built.

Back