• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Bird w/smooth rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was using loading procedure that you all were talking about using 1/2 in. cushion wad up front. 70 gr. 3f and 1 1/4 ounce of #6. Heavy load for 28 ga. but the barrel is a rice @ 15/16 and it is on a lyman deerstalker stock. Love those flintlocks.
Pappy :grin:

pappy237 said:
Was using loading procedure that you all were talking about using 1/2 in. cushion wad up front. 70 gr. 3f and 1 1/4 ounce of #6. Heavy load for 28 ga. but the barrel is a rice @ 15/16 and it is on a lyman deerstalker stock. Love those flintlocks.
Pappy :grin:

:thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a fine hunt! And I love that gun. I have it's almost-twin. Mine is a GM .54 smooth barrel 32" long by 15/16" in a GPR stock, and also flint. Tough to beat these guns!

Sweet! My wife has Family in Columbia MO! Do you mind if I PM you with some questions?

Cool Smooth rifle! Congrats on the Thunder Chicken! :thumbsup:

What range was the turkey, and how does the gun pattern at different ranges with the thick wad up front?

Range was around 30 yards haven't really tried to many different ranges with this loading. I try to not shoot over 30 yds. with this small ga. pellet count at 25 yds. was around 20 in the head and neck area. I really don't know how far the cushion wad will go but I think it keeps the shot string bunched up a little longer.
Pappy

Back