• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

First attempt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first possibles bag. Buffalo hide. Not accurate to any time period but seems pretty functional.

I read, in reference to straight razor shaving, "the greatest reward of a 'job well done' is to have done it."

That looks like a nice bag and you've no doubt learned a lot from it. I learn something most every time I do something new. Keep up the good work.

I think the OP's comment about the bag not being, "accurate to any time period" was made to head off any comments about it being PC.
Unfortunately, it had just the opposite effect and got people talking about being correct for time periods.

That said, lets keep the talk on how the bag was made and how it will be used.

IMO, it is a real nifty piece of work. :)

PC is one of those things where it matters completely to some and not at all to some and the other point of view is hard to get your mind around. If I was representing the ‘70’s I’d wear bell bottoms but just because I have a 1970 Chevelle doesn’t mean it has to have fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view.

No but if you had a '55 Bel Air 210 you would have.

Being PC/HC is important to some and means little to others. "Form follows function" and the end result may represent that with no thought to historical accuracy which in no way affects the object's usefulness. Then of course there is the learning curve, we all start with preconceived notions which may come form John Wayne movies and '50s television or extensive research. A hunting pouch, no matter the look or materials, will often carry the same items which in themselves may or may not be PC/HC.

No but if you had a '55 Bel Air 210 you would have.

Being PC/HC is important to some and means little to others. "Form follows function" and the end result may represent that with no thought to historical accuracy which in no way affects the object's usefulness. Then of course there is the learning curve, we all start with preconceived notions which may come form John Wayne movies and '50s television or extensive research. A hunting pouch, no matter the look or materials, will often carry the same items which in themselves may or may not be PC/HC.

Right you are. That said, us Texas boys swung fuzzy dice well into the '80's. :thumb:

Here a bag i made
20201030_142355.jpg

I do leathercraft and was hand sewing stuff because I only made stuff for me, but about 8 months ago, a friend asked me to make him a ccw belt. I did, then he showed it to friends etc. I had folks asking me to make them a belt. It was crazy, so I bought a Cowboy 4500 sewing machine. it is made to make saddles with. Now it seems I have a side business I never intended to have but it gives me some pocket money to buy muzzleloaders with LOL.
You taking orders today?

PC is one of those things where it matters completely to some and not at all to some and the other point of view is hard to get your mind around. If I was representing the ‘70’s I’d wear bell bottoms but just because I have a 1970 Chevelle doesn’t mean it has to have fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view.
I got my first possibles bag Saturday. It is not period correct. It has all the right pockets. It's a gas mask bag. But for $4.00 I like it a lot.

Back