First attempt at my persona.

Discussion in 'Share Your Persona' started by Carolinawoodsman, Oct 1, 2017.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Oct 1, 2017 #1

Carolinawoodsman

Carolinawoodsman

Carolinawoodsman

32 Cal.

Tsula Adahy my Cherokee name giving to me by my mother of the Bear Clan. Translates to fox in the oak woods in the English tongue. My father a fugitive Scotch Irish turned trader/farmer gave me the Irish name Aedan McArthur. I was born near the banks of the French Broad River in a Cherokee town in 1720. My mother was married to my father to increase relations with the Europeans and for mutual benefits of opening trade for Indian goods such as valuable pelts in exchange for European goods such as trade rifles and iron and wool blankets. I grew up playing A ne jo di or stick ball, learning the skills of hunting, gathering, trapping, and fighting with my Cherokee Clan. My father taught me the skills that my Cherokee clan could not! He taught me the English tongue and to always position myself to come out ahead even if I had to get my hands dirty. Unfortunately my father died due to a fever when I was 16. I completed my first transaction with an English trader at the age of 17. I used the ruse of wanting to trade a bundle of pelts I had trapped for some brass buttons he had showed me earlier. Turning his back to me was his last mistake. My hawk found the base of his skull and I was heavy with goods and not a pelt spent. Father would have been proud...to be continued...What do ya'll think?

2. Nov 2, 2017 #2

Black Hand

Black Hand

Black Hand

Cannon

With all due respect, it sounds a little contrived and forced.

-The English already wanted pelts and gave goods in return.

-Killing an Englishman put you on the wrong side of the deal and made you a target of every white in the area.

-How would marrying an Indian woman to a poor, marginalized Scotch-Irish farmer (likely disliked/ignored by the English, the primary trading power) have ANY effect on trade?