• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finnished the 20 guage matchlock today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
15843122443601437967789270797172.jpg

Even nicer, you slimmed the barrel wood down. I bet it holds and swings nicely.
Can't wait to hear how it shoots. :thumb:

Dang it Matt! My 20 ga trade gun project is once again leaning towards a matchlock fishtail buck and ball gun. You must quit showing such nice work and finished guns to weak willed people such as myself. I can only take so much...

HAVE YOU COMPLETED MY LOCK YET? What kind of mesquite wood is that? And look at that tail on the bar! If you keep this up, everybody on the Forum is going to want one and nobody will get any work done once they find out how fun these things are; wives will refuse to cook dinner, the children will not get educated at home during this crisis and the local game wardens will be driven to drinking! -Now let me see if I can get this danged percussion patent breech out and replace it with a proper breech plug and lidded pan!

Last edited:
a good thing about hunting and burning some hemp, is iff'n you don't shoot any thing you can always smoke it.

Back