• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PathfinderNC, very nicely done.

SeaRun1, I have both the SMR in .45 and the Woodsrunner in .54. For a hunting gun I love the Woodsrunner, for a trailwalk gun and paper shooting gun I like the .45 SMR. The reason for this is the set triggers. I am a little more accurate with them. I am working on getting use to the single trigger on the Woodsrunner. I have lightened it up to 1 3/4lbs. and that has helped.

Here's a .54 Woodsrunner in Maple that I have been putsing around with for a while and finally decided to finish it up yesterday. As just about everyone knows by now, assembly is a breeze, with really no challenges at all. I enjoyed doing some carving on it, but kept it rather simple and I like how it came out.
What I really like about this rifle is the lightness and slimness of it. The wrist is very comfortable for my hand and the barrel seems thinner and lighter than my Colonial .54 Kibler. The shorter barrel points well and I can aim and focus on the sights quite easily. The lock is really fast and smooth as one would expect from Kibler. It's the same size (6x1") lock as on the Colonial, and on this slimmer rifle it really has a nice, strong and prominent look.
I will be applying some paste wax on the stock in about month after the finish cures.
I think i will enjoy shooting and hunting deer this rifle.
Anyway, here are a few photos.
Great looking piece. You did an amazing job on it.

I really like the simplicity of the carving you did on it. I have a .40 SMR that's shipping to me today (can't wait!)

I've debated whether or not to attempt any carving in the build, and your example is nudging me toward that. Something simple, yet elegant like yours, just to customize it a little. I have some maple scraps I can practice on first...

Here's a .54 Woodsrunner in Maple that I have been putsing around with for a while and finally decided to finish it up yesterday. As just about everyone knows by now, assembly is a breeze, with really no challenges at all. I enjoyed doing some carving on it, but kept it rather simple and I like how it came out.
What I really like about this rifle is the lightness and slimness of it. The wrist is very comfortable for my hand and the barrel seems thinner and lighter than my Colonial .54 Kibler. The shorter barrel points well and I can aim and focus on the sights quite easily. The lock is really fast and smooth as one would expect from Kibler. It's the same size (6x1") lock as on the Colonial, and on this slimmer rifle it really has a nice, strong and prominent look.
I will be applying some paste wax on the stock in about month after the finish cures.
I think i will enjoy shooting and hunting deer this rifle.
Anyway, here are a few photos.
Very nice, great job!

Timmit,

I think I am leaning towards the SMR first as I know I will shoot it more. Then after falling in love with it the decision to get the Woodsrunner 54 will be much easier!

SR1

I got the SMR 45 and loved it ,but I'm short and sold it . On a short list for the Woods runner 54 and know I'll love it as we are both a little shorter !!!

I am waiting for Kibler to come up with a Lancaster or Woodsrunner with a .40 “A” profile barrel.
But I am 67 years old, so I can’t wait too long.
Hurry up, Jim !!!

Back