• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a .54 Woodsrunner in Maple that I have been putsing around with for a while and finally decided to finish it up yesterday. As just about everyone knows by now, assembly is a breeze, with really no challenges at all. I enjoyed doing some carving on it, but kept it rather simple and I like how it came out.
What I really like about this rifle is the lightness and slimness of it. The wrist is very comfortable for my hand and the barrel seems thinner and lighter than my Colonial .54 Kibler. The shorter barrel points well and I can aim and focus on the sights quite easily. The lock is really fast and smooth as one would expect from Kibler. It's the same size (6x1") lock as on the Colonial, and on this slimmer rifle it really has a nice, strong and prominent look.
I will be applying some paste wax on the stock in about month after the finish cures.
I think i will enjoy shooting and hunting deer this rifle.
Anyway, here are a few photos.

Attachments

• WR 1.jpg
    WR 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • WR 2.jpg
    WR 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • WR 3.jpg
    WR 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • WR 4.jpg
    WR 4.jpg
    815.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WR 5.jpg
    WR 5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That is a great looking rifle. From the pictures, the stock doesn't look like highly figured maple yet the whole rifle stands out. Maybe the super curly wood can be a distraction from the overall look and architecture?

It's the best looking Woodsrunner so far in my opinion. Of course thats just my opinion so take FWIW.

That is a great looking rifle. From the pictures, the stock doesn't look like highly figured maple yet the whole rifle stands out. Maybe the super curly wood can be a distraction from the overall look and architecture?

It's the best looking Woodsrunner so far in my opinion. Of course thats just my opinion so take FWIW.
Thank you longcruise!

I love it! I am going to order a Kibler soon as my first kit. I just cannot decide between a mountain rifle and the Woodsrunner. Probably 45 (both options) or a 54 (just Woodsrunner). Have put both in the cart maybe ten times now….

Anyways your rifle looks awesome.

SR1
I got the SMR 45 and loved it ,but I'm short and sold it . On a short list for the Woods runner 54 and know I'll love it as we are both a little shorter !!!

Latest posts

Back