• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished this shooting bag last night

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is heresy but I find most "traditional" bags boring because I like color and contrast. Many traditional bags that I've seen lack those attributes.,,
,,I also think that if mountain men would have had access to colorful exotic skins that they could afford then they probably would have used them too.
You make beautiful purses.
Some people will be very proud to purchase and use them.

This is a shooting bag/purse I finished last night. I'm donating it to the United Bowhunters of Missouri Festival live auction held this coming Saturday, February 9th. The body of the bag is elk hide and the trim is deer hide. The dark brown bling is elephant ear and the scaly stuff is ostrich leg skin. I carved the D rings and hooks from moose antler and the buttons from deer antler. Everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew. The bag has a large main compartment and a patch pocket on the inside. It has a gusset pocket on the front and a patch pocket on the back.The strap is adjustable. Hopefully, it will make the club a little money.

Darren

D3CRs4x.jpg

Front of bag
lNafpPF.jpg

Sk0GdDk.jpg

TvWNhYJ.jpg

Back of bag
EF7S9gP.jpg

Inside main compartment
m3wFpva.jpg

Front outer pocket
CDxFYuf.jpg

Back outer pocket
fFuAJ10.jpg

Side of bag
zlZPTKZ.jpg

FOsSiO6.jpg

Strap closeup
ilGN77P.jpg

GGjTNxQ.jpg

Did the bag bring a good price at the auction ?

Did the bag bring a good price at the auction ?

8 Bore, that bag brought $300, which was about what I expected. The feller that bought it was the auctioneer. I saw him the next morning and asked him if he was going to keep it for himself or give it to his girlfriend. She said he went to sleep that night with that bag on his chest like he wanted to be buried with it. I guess that answered my question!

Darren

Geez Dane, Open your other eye please. That is some beautiful handcrafting. I would be proud to carry that. The textures are amazing, the blend and flow of colors in the pattern are smooth and contrasting at the same time. This is real artwork. Please turn your period correct electronic monitor off and unplug your period correct modem if you find it displeasing

WAIT, so because you find it to your taste, his taste is somehow wrong? :confused: He has to change because he disagrees with your subjective viewpoint? o_O

The artist himself already explained why his choices are his choices, and he doesn't proclaim the question put to him as something that needs correction.

I don't like the works of Pablo Picasso. So what? It doesn't make me a boob, and it doesn't mean that I'm saying Picasso wasn't/isn't a "master" at his art. I wouldn't be dropping $300 on that bag, but the guy who did is sooo happy he plans on taking it to the afterlife.... the only person the artist need to please is himself, and perhaps the person that acquires the piece from the artist. Two people out of how many billions on the planet....;)

LD

8 Bore, that bag brought $300, which was about what I expected. The feller that bought it was the auctioneer. I saw him the next morning and asked him if he was going to keep it for himself or give it to his girlfriend. She said he went to sleep that night with that bag on his chest like he wanted to be buried with it. I guess that answered my question!

Darren

It was a great looking bag. Glade it brought a good price for auction

Back