• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished this bag in time for turkey season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finished this shooting bag for a good friend, and fellow blackpowder hunter, just in time for turkey season. He is a taxidermist and had done a lot of work for me without charge. After I badgered him a while he finally said he would take a shooting bag as payment. He wanted it specifically for turkey hunting so that's what he got. The stalls hold pre-measured powder and shot and the other pockets are for a pot call and strikers.

The body of the bag is bison hide. The turkey fan is made from tanned carp skin and the turkey feet are ostrich leg skin. The morel mushrooms are made from rattlesnake skin and all the trim is New Zealand red deer hide. I carved the buttons and clasp from deer antler and everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew.

Hopefully, I will get a picture of this bag laying next to a big gobbler this spring!

Darren

GZZCg8Z.jpg

YoSXPEy.jpg

1y0iDQN.jpg

UMBN6xW.jpg

sfUAfQB.jpg

Obviously a lot of thought and work went into this bag.

Very good of you to honor your friend with a gift like this.

Fleener

D:
That is beautiful, never seen one like it. I think they would sell! :bow: The only problem I see is it's too small for a gobbler to fit in it! :haha:
Nit Wit

Gosh that bag is stunning! What great craftsmanship, thoughtful materials, and excellent design. You're a master bag maker sir. As a complete newbie to bag making, I will keep a keen eye for future posts by you!

Your friend is very fortunate to receive such a gift.

On a completely unrelated note... can I be your friend too! :grin:

Nicest bag I've ever seen! Kudos to a true craftsman. In this day and age of disposable everything, you sir, are truly a rare breed.

Back