• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished the latest shooting bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bag is a little fancier than I normally make but the idea was stuck in my head and had to be made... :D

The bag is pretty large and my thoughts were leaning toward a fowler bag. I still added a horn even though there is plenty of interior room for a shot and powder flask. There is a small pocket of the front of the bag and another one inside.
KLWeaver made the strap custom for me when I showed her the color motif I was using. The inserts are gold and amber wool, the horn plug retainer beads are brass, gold, and amber. The horn was made member "torpedo" I added the retainer.
I'm not sure I'll put this one up for sale, I kinda' like it and may just keep it for myself.

Attachments

• IMGP0906.JPG
    IMGP0906.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP0907.JPG
    IMGP0907.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMGP0909.JPG
    IMGP0909.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP0910.JPG
    IMGP0910.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP0911.JPG
    IMGP0911.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP0912.JPG
    IMGP0912.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP0913.JPG
    IMGP0913.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMGP0914.JPG
    IMGP0914.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMGP0915.JPG
    IMGP0915.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMGP0916.JPG
    IMGP0916.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 74
I really like the arrangement for the horn attachment
That's something I came up with several years ago, not everyone likes their horn attached to the bag but I find it convenient to be able to grab the bag and have everything together. The horn can be easily removed if you want to.

The cinch rings can be used for attaching a capper, primer, or powder measure on both sides of the bag.
It's convenient to have those hanging on the outside when shooting in competition rather than digging around in the bag for them.

This bag is a little fancier than I normally make but the idea was stuck in my head and had to be made... :D

The bag is pretty large and my thoughts were leaning toward a fowler bag. I still added a horn even though there is plenty of interior room for a shot and powder flask. There is a small pocket of the front of the bag and another one inside.
KLWeaver made the strap custom for me when I showed her the color motif I was using. The inserts are gold and amber wool, the horn plug retainer beads are brass, gold, and amber. The horn was made member "torpedo" I added the retainer.
I'm not sure I'll put this one up for sale, I kinda' like it and may just keep it for myself.
very nice, great work!!!!

Latest posts

Back