• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished the Horn from the 'Made a New Horn' Thread

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wanted to show the finished horn with the strap I made, the wood pegs and the antique that I used. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 176
So that muli-colored strap was made from several strands of cotton yarn. Three colors, Three stands?

Do a quick search and you will see what I mean. Its an easy way to make a strap or a sash with the colors that you want. If you build your loom, the only cost will be the yarn and some time, and you can make one when you need it. There are plans for the loom and the patterns, not hard at all to build

I bought a braided women's sash of at the Goodwill Store for 99 cents. How do you tell if it's all cotton or a Cotton/ polyester blend? And does it really matter?

Polyester fabrics will have little balls of melted plastic in the burned residue. Natural fibers such as cotton, hemp or wool will leave just ash.

If the colors are muted, most of us will accept the material. Just don't expect us to tell you it's great if you ask for comments. Florescent orange and lime green might not pass muster.

I still get tsk'ed, tsk'ed about the wrist bands on my shirt being too wide for fashions of the F&I War time period.

Wanted to show the finished horn with the strap I made, the wood pegs and the antique that I used

That's very nice, BUT what it really needs is...., an independent field test.

So I will send you my address, and you ship it to me, and I will take it out in the woods, and to some shoots, and give it a good run-through, 'cause that's just the nice- guy that I am! I'll get it back to you in about a year.....

CURLY.png

LD

Polyester fabrics will have little balls of melted plastic in the burned residue. Natural fibers such as cotton, hemp or wool will leave just ash.

If the colors are muted, most of us will accept the material. Just don't expect us to tell you it's great if you ask for comments. Florescent orange and lime green might not pass muster.

I still get tsk'ed, tsk'ed about the wrist bands on my shirt being too wide for fashions of the F&I War time period.
I was asking strictly about the strap.Pretty sure it is cotton or possibly a blend of cotton and polyester. I just don't know for sure.I have more sense than to wear that stuff. I don't like polyester. I come from a long line of cotton farmers and once almost quit a job because they required us to wear a "blend" uniform. If I walked up to a bunch of guys with that strap on my horn y'all could really tell?

Back