• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Powder Horn (#10)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job!!

Can you elaborate more on the "nail in a stick"? Also were do you get your horns from?

These horns are really enjoyable to make. It’s a great way to be creative and productive, but they just don’t make enough wood dust in the shop! 🙃
Your work and artistry are awesome! I would bet that it rivals some horns found in historical exhibit’s reporting on the F&I period . I have a run of the mill humdrum horn that I am tempted to work on now that I have seen what you have created. Possibly I can dremel my initials into mine!!

Your work and artistry are awesome! I would bet that it rivals some horns found in historical exhibit’s reporting on the F&I period . I have a run of the mill humdrum horn that I am tempted to work on now that I have seen what you have created. Possibly I can dremel my initials into mine!!
I hope you have a backup horn for when you poke a hole in the horn with your Dremel tool.

Learn to use the sharp nail .

Really great Job, and love your creativity !

Don't want to steal secrets, but could we see a pic of your "nail-in-a-stick" ?
No secrets to tell- yes these are my high-tech stylus tools. Nails in dowels. The short stubby one makes wider cuts and the long narrow one I use for finer lines like cross-hatching. The small file is used for dressing the tips to create a small burr that cuts into the horn.

Attachments

• stylus.jpg
    stylus.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 35
I would steer away from using a dremel tool for lettering unless you're well experienced and have the right bits. It can become a disaster.

No secrets to tell- yes these are my high-tech stylus tools. Nails in dowels. The short stubby one makes wider cuts and the long narrow one I use for finer lines like cross-hatching. The small file is used for dressing the tips to create a small burr that cuts into the horn.

Appreciate the pic and info. This is something I'd like to try sometime.

I'm in my first year of this addiction to ML, and am so glad I found this site. I have purchased guns and stuff, and gained soooo much knowledge from the generous souls here like you and others.

Thanks, Eric

Appreciate the pic and info. This is something I'd like to try sometime.

I'm in my first year of this addiction to ML, and am so glad I found this site. I have purchased guns and stuff, and gained soooo much knowledge from the generous souls here like you and others.

Thanks, Eric
Glad to be a part of your BP addiction!:thumb:

Back