• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished pictures of Kibler kit...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what an outstanding rifle. The carving is excellent with the smooth transitions. Something to surely be cherished. Good shooting to ya.

You really id do a very good job on that rifle look forward to hearing the range and hunting reports.

Beautiful rifle. The engraving on the barrel is what really sets it apart from the other Kibler kits I’ve looked at here.
I THOUGHT I was happy with my fowler build, until I saw THIS. I’m gonna go and sit outside with the OTHER kids.......😉
Seriously, this is an absolute classy build. Well done.

@labrat, I have a question for you. When you put in the rings at the muzzle did you use epoxy to hold it or is it strictly a mechanical connection from hammering the wire in?

Hi,
Very nice work! The wood is beautiful and well stained and finished.

Hatchet-Jack, the liberty cap device was used on Lehigh Valley not Lancaster rifles. Eric Kettenburg speculated that it might be a symbol for those Northampton, Lehigh, and Bucks county gunsmiths who worked at the Allentown arsenal during the Rev War.

dave
Thanks Dave I meant Lehigh! Got my wires crossed.

Hatman- yes I did the engraving. learned to engrave some 20 years ago as one of my hobbies..............Stykbow- The wire to steel is held in place by making a series of undercuts inside the main channel walls. Then you place the wire in the channel and hammer the wire flat so that the soft wire is pushed into the undercuts thereby holding it in place. You then sand the copper wire flat to the top of the steel. Simple process put requires some special tools........

@labrat I would tell you how beautiful I think your gun is, but I am speechless at the moment. You have created a work of art, it is magnificent!

Oh my!. You all are too kind and I Thank You for the positive feedback. It was great to have so many builders in front of me so that I could learn & build along with them. It gave me a since of confidence & teamwork knowing others were there if needed. I'm glade to have found this website as I pretty much jumped into it without much knowledge of woodworking or flintlocks. Wonderful group of people here and you all made it enjoyable...................Labrat

Back