• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished my Flat Buffalo horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filled the horn with powder today for the first time, turns out it holds about 1/3rd # of FFF... Plenty good for a trail walk or some time at a bench... Ordered some more horns today as well, 3 more buffalo sheaths and 3 small polished steer horns for some priming horns... This time I'll try to document more and try some other tricks as well... More pinning and less tacking, also have a horn I screwed up so maybe I'll try scratching some designs on it to see if I can figure that out too though I admit I'm a poor artist... Might try making a wee tipple flask if I find the right horn... Only as a tribute to the Scots and Irish in my ancestry you understand...;)

Congratulations on flatening a buffalo horn I always have trouble flatening horns with out cracking them.

Congratulations on flatening a buffalo horn I always have trouble flatening horns with out cracking them.
I'm discovering that myself with the steer horns, cracked one a bit but it could be because they are pre-polished and pretty thin walled... That's the trouble with ordering online, you never find just what you're looking for... By themselves they would have made fine little horns but not quite right for flattening... Ah well, it's all a learning experience... Now just need to stay on the lookout for thicker material I can thin myself... Still have the Buffalo sheaths coming though and should have much better luck there...

Back