• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished Kibler Colonial #2.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really have a gift for seeing the final result in the rifles you have built.

I really admire the small details like the toeplates.
Thank you brazoland! Working on small details is what brings the work up a notch or two. It’s also enjoyable gussying up the piece a bit and adding individual character to it. It takes a bit of imagination and there are also a lot of excellent rifles that are wonderful sources of inspiration and design. I am looking forward to my next build and “imagining” it out already which is fun!

I try not to be envious of different people with their skills. And then you come along. You just keep posting the most amazing projects. You are not helping me.

I have finished building my second Colonial Longrifle kit from Kibler. It has a Cheery stock and is .54 caliber.
I used the wooden patch box option on this one (my first one I added a Brass Patchbox), which I do like.
I added some detail carving arounf the wrist, cheek piece, and other places on the butt and lower fore stock. Then I sparingly used some of Kibler's Bone Black to darken some areas to give it an aged look.
It sure is a well balancer rifle. I hope to shoot it in the next couple of days.
Elegant!

Latest posts

Back