• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Kibler Colonial #2.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have finished building my second Colonial Longrifle kit from Kibler. It has a Cheery stock and is .54 caliber.
I used the wooden patch box option on this one (my first one I added a Brass Patchbox), which I do like.
I added some detail carving arounf the wrist, cheek piece, and other places on the butt and lower fore stock. Then I sparingly used some of Kibler's Bone Black to darken some areas to give it an aged look.
It sure is a well balancer rifle. I hope to shoot it in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• CR done 7.jpg
    CR done 7.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 350
  • CR done 8.jpg
    CR done 8.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 351
  • CR done 10.jpg
    CR done 10.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 317
  • CR done 9.jpg
    CR done 9.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 321
  • CR done 17.jpg
    CR done 17.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 317
  • CR done 16.jpg
    CR done 16.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 315
  • CR done 11.jpg
    CR done 11.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 312
  • CR done 15.jpg
    CR done 15.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 298
  • CR done 12.jpg
    CR done 12.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 269
It is no surprise that once again you have created a work of art. The cherry stock is fantastic , great color. Thanks for sharing photos.

It is no surprise that once again you have created a work of art. The cherry stock is fantastic , great color. Thanks for sharing photos.
Thank you very much Allenby, that is a very kind compliment. I just love working on these rifles and trying to create something.a little more unique and special with them. I am very happy to share these photos and the artist in me is super happy that folks ( like you) see something lovely in my work.

To think that piece of wood was a living, growing thing at one time and now it has a different path. God made it beautiful in life, you made it beautiful in death. But in its death may it bless many generations to come, thanks to your skillful hands. I read once that a laborer works with his hands, a craftsman works with his hands and his mind and an artist works with his hands and his mind and his heart. I commend you on being an artist and on building something in which you can take pride in and pass on to others who will enjoy it for decades if not centuries! Well done sir.

I have finished building my second Colonial Longrifle kit from Kibler. It has a Cheery stock and is .54 caliber.
I used the wooden patch box option on this one (my first one I added a Brass Patchbox), which I do like.
I added some detail carving arounf the wrist, cheek piece, and other places on the butt and lower fore stock. Then I sparingly used some of Kibler's Bone Black to darken some areas to give it an aged look.
It sure is a well balancer rifle. I hope to shoot it in the next couple of days.
Ya done good 👍

To think that piece of wood was a living, growing thing at one time and now it has a different path. God made it beautiful in life, you made it beautiful in death. But in its death may it bless many generations to come, thanks to your skillful hands. I read once that a laborer works with his hands, a craftsman works with his hands and his mind and an artist works with his hands and his mind and his heart. I commend you on being an artist and on building something in which you can take pride in and pass on to others who will enjoy it for decades if not centuries! Well done sir.
Your thoughts are wonderful to read and I sincerely appreciate them. I see a poet behind those words. Many thanks.

Beautiful. To my eye excellent work. I’d give anything to have the various skills required to build a rifle like this one. And before any of you rifle builders out there tell me I could do it too, believe I can’t.
‘A mans got to know his limitations’
John Wayne

Back