• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished it... finally.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkloos

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought a Bedford kit back in June... worked on it in most of my down time, and finally finished it today with the staining of the ramrod. It came out well, unfortunately I can't find a way to post pictures. It has a .45 cal bbl, m3 maple, set triggers, and is stained real dark. This was my fourth build, and I think I enjoyed it the most so far. This post isn't really relevant to anything in particular... just sharing my relief that it is finished and ready to be fired. :applause: :applause:

That's great Hangfeyer.

I am about the most uneducated person you will ever meet in the subject of computers. However, the nice guys on this site told me how to post pictures.
I believe I could talk you through it.

Do you have a digital camera, or a scanner? If so, write to me and I will tell you how I did it.
:)
Steve Zihn

Let us know how it shoots. I was really pleased with the one that I built. I heard stories that the large drop causes the stock to hit you in the cheek, but I didn't seem to have that problem. And yes, please post pictures when you figure it out. If not, you can email them to just about anyone that has posted on this thread and they can post them for you. :thumbsup:

congrats on your new build. as regards bioprof's hearing that a good bit of drop enhances recoil- i wouldn't worry; i've fired a fair number of ML weapons and i haven't noticed anything all that scary by way of recoil except this humongous thing (some wierd 90-odd cal i shot a few times in college: i think my buddies wanted to see if i would fall over backwards, but i dissapointed them). if you were shooting some high calibre high power centerfire, i might worry, but one of the nice things about BP shooting is that it's a milder kick. imho.

so, ignore the naysayers, get out your new rifle, and

just shoot it!

Back