• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished at long last...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Deer hunting or just targets?
Both. I gave some thought to a .45 - and I could replace the barrel if I really end up not liking the .50 - but I've shot a .50 for both hunting and targets with another rifle for 20 years and liked it just fine. That one is now a .54, for a variety of reasons. The .50 is the biggest bore in a B-weight profile, give it great balance, reach, and weight.

Nice looking rifle. I think you'll like the combination of 38" barrel and .50 caliber. I just finished one in Sept with the same setup and out of the 9 rifles I've built from 44" to 31" I think the 38" handles the best. Good luck with it.

Back