• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finished Appalachian Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my finished Appalachian Mountain Rifle, a Kibler kit rifle of .40 caliber. The stock is beautifully figured Cherry. I added a steel Rupp patch box, a Hunter's Star and a toe plate. I also did a bit of incise carving behind the cheek piece.
The Powder Horn and Pouch are things I made over thirty years ago.
These are some photos I took today outside on our North Carolina property at the foot of Skull Camp Mountain. The rifle seems to belong to a place like this.

Attachments

• 40 a.jpg
    40 a.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 40 aa.jpg
    40 aa.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 40 d.jpg
    40 d.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 40 e.jpg
    40 e.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 40 g.jpg
    40 g.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 40 h.jpg
    40 h.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 322
  • 40 j.jpg
    40 j.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 40 i.jpg
    40 i.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 40 k.jpg
    40 k.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 40 l.jpg
    40 l.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
This is my finished Appalachian Mountain Rifle, a Kibler kit rifle of .40 caliber. The stock is beautifully figured Cherry. I added a steel Rupp patch box, a Hunter's Star and a toe plate. I also did a bit of incise carving behind the cheek piece.
The Powder Horn and Pouch are things I made over thirty years ago.
These are some photos I took today outside on our North Carolina property at the foot of Skull Camp Mountain. The rifle seems to belong to a place like this.
Very nice rifle! Beautiful country too! Now, we need to know how she shoots? We will expect some proof in the future days. :thumb:
Larry

Back