Finish questions?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Oldbear63, Apr 19, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Apr 19, 2019 #1

Oldbear63

Oldbear63

Oldbear63

32 Cal

I want to ask a question about aqua fortis but don't know which forum to post it on. Is there a general finishing area? Since this will be for a pistol i could post it on the handgun forum, but I will shortly be building a rifle and want advice on that too.

2. Apr 19, 2019 #2

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

The major categories on the index page gives a pretty good idea of what each major area is for. For instance, the Firearms section is for posts about shooting the muzzleloaders. The Hunting section is for talking about hunting with muzzleloaders, the Workshop area is for talking about working on things and the Reenacting area if for talking about reenacting and period correct and historically correct things.

Because you want to ask about something that envolves working on a gun, the Workshop area is the place to look. If you do look you will see something called The Gun Builder's Bench and The Craftsman.

The Gun Builder's Bench is for talking about working on or building muzzleloading guns. It's not just for the experts. It was set up for anyone interested in doing any kind of work on a gun including the people who don't know anything about their guns but they just want to do something to it like refinishing a stock or putting different sights on it.

The Craftsman section is for talking about making just about everything that isn't a gun including leather work, wood work, making cloths and braiding straps. Making pottery, pots and pans and knives also goes in this area.

That said, your question about refinishing your stock with aqua-fortis would go into The Gun Builder's Bench section. :)