• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After about 6 misses I finally connected on 2 in a row one at 20 and one at 45. I took the jag off my ram rod that sticking out in front of the barrel. Have you guys ever heard of that affecting accuracy? I never shot it off the bench that way,, just when hunting. That's why I decided to take it off and it seemed to help.I'm wondering if the patch was catching the jag. Could just be luck lol .36 smr 30g 3f swiss .350 ball and .018 patch lubed with mink tallow.

Attachments

• 20210905_093542.jpg
    20210905_093542.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 77
Never personally had a problem with the actual screw in tip being beyond the muzzle. All the miles I walked through the bushes hunting , maybe only a couple times did a bush catch the r/r. I'm not a fan of r/r's sticking out so far like a couple inches. Have seen some guys do it , but can't see any benefit to it.

The only advantage I see is that when you drive the ball down, you have more ramrod remaining out of the barrel; easier to get a good grip. Dale

After about 6 misses I finally connected on 2 in a row one at 20 and one at 45. I took the jag off my ram rod that sticking out in front of the barrel. Have you guys ever heard of that affecting accuracy? I never shot it off the bench that way,, just when hunting. That's why I decided to take it off and it seemed to help.I'm wondering if the patch was catching the jag. Could just be luck lol .36 smr 30g 3f swiss .350 ball and .018 patch lubed with mink tallow.
I had a ram rod that stuck past the muzzle . I wondered if it would affect accuracy. After shooting it many times I could not find that it hindered accuracy. I also have shot at a 200 yards and the accuracy is still good.

It would change things.
It just a question of how much.
The muzzle blast basically reflects off the jag onto the bullet pushing it.
If we could mention non muzzleloaders I would point out that Mosin Nagants are sighted in with a fixed bayonet and the front sight is visibly off centre due to this effect excepting the sniper variety which does not have a bayonet.

It would change things.
It just a question of how much.
The muzzle blast basically reflects off the jag onto the bullet pushing it.
If we could mention non muzzleloaders I would point out that Mosin Nagants are sighted in with a fixed bayonet and the front sight is visibly off centre due to this effect excepting the sniper variety which does not have a bayonet.
Makes sense to me? I will have to give this a test.My M.L. is extremely accurate and in your statement you mentioned it pushes the round up? If this be the case we could use it for sighting in at a certain distance?

Back