• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I finally did it! seems ferever wanted to harvest a buck with my Stroh smoothie,,finally sunday morn in rain wind and snow he came! about 40 yds before I could get shot then he was quartering away...I shot he went down strugglin to get up I struggled to reload an watch him..he finally got up an poof was gone! huge pine in front of my stand blocked view to where he went...took me an hour and a half to track him he'd only bled every 100 ft or so..luckily it had poured at 6 am so easier to spot where he went,,cept in pines lol but found him! 8 point about 160 lbs, good buck for around here! I'm happy! now the elusive coyote..with a smoothie lol! good luck people!~ Woulda posted pic but not sure how pic thing works anymore...

Good job in tough conditiions, congratulations. Smoothbores can get it done!

Spence

Congrats RC...and it sounds like tough conditions too! :hatsoff:

What caliber is the smoothie and where did you hit the buck? Sounds like it was a tough tracking job. Good job following through. :thumbsup:

Pictures work just like they always did before. I just do a Review before posting now because sometimes even small and medium size blow up huge on here...not sure why.

38553762046_7f38a72b04_h.jpg

dang it worked!

hey Spike,,its a 62 cal..used 70 3f goex 600 ball 020 patch with Swampy's huntin lube about 45 yards..he was quartering away..an actually was a very good shot,,right behind shoulder...had he been goin straight he wouldn't have gone far but his quartering made ball go to front of him,ball was still in him under hide as well as a bunch of blood accounts for not bleeding on ground..he prolly only went 300 yds but w/o blood trail dang tough!
thanks guys for the congrats I really wanted to do this...now..I wanna do it again..my camera today says there's a nice about 10point out there,,I jus gotta wait till late muzzleloading for another tag,,,,but no one see him yet,,,

hey percy...actually I think the ball was one I had made out of "soft pure lead" some one gave me,,ya know the lead that makes the ball measure .603 after it comes out of a .600 lyman mold (thought I got rid of them all..evidently not) ...it did not flatten at all, but dang it looked chewed up found 3 or 4 lead slivers in the front of the deer near the ball..wish it was real soft lead,may have helped stop him if it flattened,,,

Back