• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Finally ordered a Kibler Woodsrunner!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations @Campbell that is great!

Don’t have mine up and running yet. But the SMR is laid out on the work bench waiting for me to start, which will be soon.

Attachments

• 2EC7171F-B778-4EFC-8B1E-5D785843AB72.jpeg
    2EC7171F-B778-4EFC-8B1E-5D785843AB72.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Jim Kibler makes a great rifle! Been a couple of years since I completed my Colonial with interchangeable barrels in 50 and 58 caliber. While both barrels shoot exceptionally well, the 58 quickly became my favorite. I really like the balance, handling, very manageable recoil, and confidence in hitting what I shoot at. Just filled a tag with the 58 Colonial a couple of days ago with a 70 yard shot on this fat doe.
78153906-EFDA-41A9-B57F-12F92DE82A5B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about a Kibler since I first heard about them (read and watched everything available). Finally ordered a cherry stocked .54 Woodsrunner today!

Now, please tell me how much you enjoy your Kibler!
I own multiple muzzleloaders with most being cap locks and a few inlines. My very first ML was a cheap inline that I spent months shooting to find the right load. Once I found the perfect load, it was my go-to rifle and would outshoot any of my relative's rifles hands down. I have bought many other MLS since then with most being cap locks and have built a few, but my Kibler SMR in .40 cal smokes them all. It balances perfectly, loads easily, and is a delight to shoot. It only took a few tries to find a great target load and it stands in the corner of my reloading room in a place of prominence. I have complete confidence in the little rifle's ability and have no doubt that it can shoot little bitty groups anytime anyone wants to give her a try, provided they have a little ability. Yes, Sir, you will have one fine rifle when you get it built. Congratulations on the commitment and we look forward to seeing updates as you build.

Attachments

• kibler smr finished 4.png
    kibler smr finished 4.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
yeah but will still have to wait . i have plenty of rifles , only smooth bore thats up and running is a t/c n.e. 12 ga.. have a track type d french and a chambers officers/ fowler on the bench with no time to finish in the near futher.

yeah but will still have to wait . i have plenty of rifles , only smooth bore thats up and running is a t/c n.e. 12 ga.. have a track type d french and a chambers officers/ fowler on the bench with no time to finish in the near futher.
Nothing wrong with a good old New Englander. Good luck with your builds.

I've a .58 Colonial completed and it's fantastic! A Woodsrunner in regular maple and .54 is paid for and somewhere in the cue at Kibler's place. It's gonna be great and probably lighter than the Colonial, which is pretty beefy but well balanced. Jim has a fine operation and there is NO finer quality kit anywhere.

Adding to the many general comments about Kibler;s workmanship and quality, I thought it might be useful to provide some additional detail of the shooting/performance attributes of the Kibler that are the primary appeal to me.
-Kiblers rifle-rifle QC is excellent. My 2 buddies with recent 54 cal acquisitions achieve near identicle results with their rifles.
-the weight and balance for off-hand shooting (for my medium build) is near perfect. Unloaded: 58 cal barrel 8.1pounds, 50 cal barrel 8,7 pounds.
-trigger pull weigh: 2 pounds…very crisp!
-excellent sights. Bright front brass blade is perfectly weighted for precise shooting with high visibility in low light/shadows…For my 71 year old eyes.
-using English black flints, ignition is instant ….+20 shots, un-knapped. Lots of spark! Photo/stills are 2 frames, est. 40 milliseconds apart. Flint only/no priming.
-very easy to establish accurate loads: .015” patch with .010” undersized LRB, TOTW mink oil on rifling side of the patch. Accurate shots and easy loading for 6-12 shots. Spent patches are perfect!
-complete sealing of lock/mortise….No internal residue! Easy cleaning. Not very traditional, but, using MAP, I can get to a spotless/lubed barrel/lock in about 15 minutes.
315D1B9C-EFBD-49DE-8F2D-1CEA52E88821.jpeg8F910427-12A3-44A8-AA3E-E2E90D1D55D8.jpeg16D2A3C1-8493-4631-9C26-AFD1ECCF2DD1.jpegC6E2AC40-5F4A-4ED2-99BC-BD413779DD18.jpeg64DE0B1F-0CF8-4A3A-A73E-93A09F62F778.jpeg

Adding to the many general comments about Kibler;s workmanship and quality, I thought it might be useful to provide some additional detail of the shooting/performance attributes of the Kibler that are the primary appeal to me.
-Kiblers rifle-rifle QC is excellent. My 2 buddies with recent 54 cal acquisitions achieve near identicle results with their rifles.
-the weight and balance for off-hand shooting (for my medium build) is near perfect. Unloaded: 58 cal barrel 8.1pounds, 50 cal barrel 8,7 pounds.
-trigger pull weigh: 2 pounds…very crisp!
-excellent sights. Bright front brass blade is perfectly weighted for precise shooting with high visibility in low light/shadows…For my 71 year old eyes.
-using English black flints, ignition is instant ….+20 shots, un-knapped. Lots of spark! Photo/stills are 2 frames, est. 40 milliseconds apart. Flint only/no priming.
-very easy to establish accurate loads: .015” patch with .010” undersized LRB, TOTW mink oil on rifling side of the patch. Accurate shots and easy loading for 6-12 shots. Spent patches are perfect!
-complete sealing of lock/mortise….No internal residue! Easy cleaning. Not very traditional, but, using MAP, I can get to a spotless/lubed barrel/lock in about 15 minutes.
View attachment 181309View attachment 181310View attachment 181311View attachment 181312View attachment 181313
Thank you Art, excellent information that whets my anticipation!

Back